”AGROVOC - multilingual thesaurus and linked data concept hub for food and agriculture"
The Republican Scientific Agricultural Library of State Agrarian University of Moldova, in collaboration and with the support of the Food and Agriculture Organization (FAO), is pleased to invite you to the online training dedicated to the AGROVOC multilingual thesaurus in the field of agriculture. The training will be held on Friday, November 13, 2020, at 10:00.
Target audience: representatives of the university and its academic community, research institutions, academic and specialized libraries.
The aim of the training is to provide the participants with the practical and detail information about AGROVOC structure, functionalities, benefits and how to use the thesaurus.
- raising awareness of the benefits and value of the AGROVOC thesaurus for agricultural research;
- expanding the use of the AGROVOC agricultural thesaurus in the Republic of Moldova;
- training the skills to use the AGROVOC thesaurus.
Trainers: Viorica LUPU, Vera SOBEȚCHI
9.30 - 10.00. Online registration of participants (Google Meet platform)
10.00 - 10.15. Inauguration of the event and greetings:
- Imma SUBIRATS, FAO, Capacity Development and Academia Partnerships and UN Collaboration Division (PSU)
- Liudmila COSTIN, director of Republican Scientific Agricultural Library of SAUM
10.15 - 11.15. What is AGROVOC?
- Advantages of using AGROVOC
- AGROVOC structure
- Search principles in AGROVOC
- Functionalities and facilities
11.15 - 11.30. Discussions, exchange of opinions, questions and answers
Concluding remarks for the AGRIS training
The training will take place online (Google Meet platform).
For more details, you can contact us at the e-mail email@example.com or at the telephone number (022) 43 25 78.